If you were to look through our thousands of pictures, you'd notice the scruffy, saggy looking stuffed dog in the background. He was a gift from us last Christmas, and the two of them have been inseparable since that time. The problem is that this dog seriously needs a bath! If you have been around lately, you've probably smelled him. I think it might be worse than real dog smell, which is disgusting!
Here is the last time Bo had a bath, and sunned himself dry (summer seemed easier!):
So I have been plotting ways that this might take place again. The problem is that Josiah is NEVER willing to let him go anymore. My first thought was that I would sneak in after he was sleeping, snatch the dog, wash him, and hope that he dried by the next morning. As I considered this more, I remembered the dozens of times Josiah looks for Bo in the night to help him get back to sleep.
Tonight, I am ashamed to say that I tried to reason with my toddler (I have always found this to be ridiculous, but I was desperate!). I told Josiah that Bo was very dirty and that I was going to take very good care of him and give him a bath,and that he would be all clean and ready to play in the morning. He seemed fine with it...until I walked out of room with Bo, and I heard the shrillest scream that has ever come out of Josiah. He was yelling, "Hug Bo, hug Bo.." Obviously, I had to return him. Josiah is still awake, and he just called me in to tell me that he is keeping Bo and, "Mommy no clean Bo..."
I would LOVE some advice on how to do this in a painless way! Any suggestions?
6 comments:
hunt these dogs down and buy ten! Then rotate them and wash at your leisure!
I think this is the best idea! Hopefully we can find more of him soon:). Besides being dirty, this stuffed friend is so well used that I don't think he'll make it into the new year!
We are often told that babies and children are resilient, that we don't have to treat them with kid gloves, etc. As I grow older, I realize even more just how fragile they can be. This is a perfect illustration, isn't it?
Hey Jenn -- maybe Chris could take Josiah out (or he could visit the "peas") and you could clean Bo while he's gone?
I know stuffed animals aren't quite the same once they've been through the dryer, but that is what we have done. It helps to wash the stuffy on a delicate setting inside a pillow case or delicates bag, then to put some tennis balls (or something similar) in the dryer to keep it fluffed up.
Anyway, good luck with solving this problem. (And it's a pretty cute problem!)
Oh Bo - that guy is a hot ticket item for sure! I've heard the solution about buying more than one of favorite stuffies... if only we knew which ones would be their favorites when we were buying them!
What about if Josiah helped you bath Bo one morning? If he was involved, maybe it would go smoother? Then you could let him air dry some and dryer it up the rest when Josiah needed him for sleep times?
Good luck either way - I know how much Josiah loves Bo!
Thanks for all of the tips...Bo is clean again for now!
Post a Comment