Search This Blog

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Five Months Old


Today, Josiah is five months old. He is definitely keeping us busy as of late.
His newest development is...

Okay, so this picture is quite useless, but do you know how hard it is to see, let alone take a picture of baby teeth?! That's right, teeth. Josiah has cut his first two teeth on the bottom. He has been working hard for days now, chewing/attacking everything in sight, and finally on Monday, we saw the slits in his gums where the teeth were making there way through. By yesterday, we could see the little white ridges poking through. He has been understandably cranky, and trying to shove everything in his mouth even more than usual. When we get too near to him, he actually attacks us, kind of like a little dog or bear cub, with growly noises and everything. Here he is chewing on celery. I thought it would be nice and cold on his gums. I actually thought of the idea because I remember my sister-in-law Melanie giving her kids cold, raw veggies from the fridge when they were teething (great idea Mel!), cut way too big for them to swallow of course! So far, this trick has been the most effective in relieving his little red gums.




Josiah is getting very good at moving around on his back. He can spin in circles, and move backwards pretty far across the floor. It scares me that he is getting around, and I am already looking through our space with new eyes, trying to keep all of those tiny choking hazards off of the floor, since everything he sees goes right into his mouth.


Hair cut number two. The kid grows like a weed and so does his hair. As his big cousin Maren pointed out, it also grows straight up in the air, just like his dad's! I think he will be forever stuck with spiky hair if it continues to grow up, but I like it!


We picked up a walker for Josiah, which he didn't really get at first (and his feet don't entirely reach the floor), but lately he is starting to push himself around, backwards (I'm noticing that all of his movements are backwards!). He loves the walker, and I'm sure will enjoy it more as he figures out to better maneuver it, frontwards.


Josiah is still an amazing baby, who is usually very happy. He loves to laugh, and squeals with delight when we play some of his favorite games. He is extremely ticklish too! I think he has Chris' laugh, so contagious, and from the belly when he really gets going. He loves people, and works his hardest to engage anyone who will listen. We really feel that he is extroverted. He is also developing quite a set of lungs, as he has practiced many variations of screaming (as anyone who has talked to us on the phone in the last month has discovered!). I am enjoying this phase of his life, and can't wait to see what this month holds!

And that's about it for our five month old little guy. Oh, and everybody is right, the time just flies by. I can't believe my baby is this old already!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

It's crazy that he's already 5 months old! Wow!

We love getting to witness who you are becoming, Josiah. So fun!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this walker pic! His little face is so amazingly his Mum and Dad - all at the same time. Sometimes, with babies, it's harder to figure out who they resemble.

Just a Peek