Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lately...

...We were stranded in NS for several days! Our truck broke down on the long weekend and nobody was opened to fix it. Thankfully, it was just a wire that had come unhooked (that took the mechanic an hour to find because it was so buried).

...Josiah has been stringing a lot of funny sentences together. My favorite was, "The bear is touching Mommy's neeeeeeeck," as he made the bear tap on my neck. The way he said neck was very long and funny.

...I am searching and waiting and hunting for a new job with no luck. This is getting to be a very frustrating process. I really hate not knowing what I am doing after the next two weeks.

...We have had a lot of very frustrating experiences. We are wondering what God's plan is, and are having a tough time waiting on Him.

...I have been trying to make the space I need to write again, and am on the verge of a new song that I have really connected with.

...We are excited about fall and all of the fun new things that start up again.

...I am feeling alone and am having a hard time dealing with the reality of this day after day. Also feeling a bit disconnected.

...We are anticipating Josiah's birthday, yet I still have nothing planned. Need to get on that really soon!

...I have been clothes shopping, as we are starting a new season and Josiah is heading into size 4T.

...We are trying to make the best of our space, sorting and simplifying, and feeling a little frustrated by it all. Keeping baby stuff when you plan to have more children and don't want to get rid of it all and start again is a very difficult task to accomplish in a very small space with no storage options! It is also hard to turn a baby nursery into a toddler room with no place to put all of the baby stuff. I think the hardest thing for me lately is that I see no end in sight. I need to find a way to deal with this better than the way I have been!

And that's a little bit of what's been happening with us.

3 comments:

Jobina said...

Do you have friends or family members who have extra storage space? Mark's parents have a big building that they keep their tractor in so as long as things were in bins and mouse proof I stored them there. I feel for you though, it's a hard place to be and add to that your other frustrations...well, I hope and pray that things look up for you soon!

Mandi said...

I love these kinds of updates! Sounds like life is a big ole' mix of joy and frustration - sorry about that friend. I'm glad in your heart you know of God's goodness in all of this, and I'll be praying that you see the fruit of that soon!
Feeling lonely and disconnected - boy do I get that one! I think this means we need to get together more!
And boy do I wish I could offer storage space for you... we need some more ourselves!

Jenn said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Jobina- That's a great idea! I have been trying to think of some other solutions since you mentioned it.
Mandi- getting together more would be awesome (and I won't bring any storage totes with me!)!

Just a Peek