Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Here are a few things we've been up to lately...

- Buying a new computer (sorry, no pictures to post until the new one is up and running). Our old one is pretty much dead.

- Enjoying the sun! We have been to the beach, Fundy, the zoo, and more. Josiah loves the water. It was pretty cold, but he dove right in. I do have pictures to share, so check back soon!

- Visiting family. All of us went home to NS a couple of weekends ago so that Chris and I could attend one of my friend's wedding. (It was beautiful!). While we were home, we got to visit with family, and Chris and I got a much needed break. We went to the beach (without our sand vacuum!), and out for dinner. My mom kind of spoils us by taking over with Josiah...and we totally let her! What a great weekend.

- Enjoying alone time. A true friend looks at you and says..."you need a break", and doesn't just walk away, but offers to take your kid for a whole day. She was right, and she did. I was kind of at the end of my rope, and she took Josiah so I had the day completely to myself. I went shopping, got my hair cut, went for coffee, read, showered...all without interruption. It was heavenly. (THANK-YOU!)

- (Chris enjoyed time by himself this past weekend too, as I took Josiah to NS for a couple of days by myself. Josiah did really well in the car, and I didn't even have to pull over once. We really enjoyed our visit, and Chris was thrilled to have an entire two days alone. I got to go yard saling with my aunt- she's like a pro- and we found some great stuff. We also visited with my mom and one of my other aunts who is visiting from Ontario).

-Getting a cell phone. I caved...and, yes, I now have a cell phone. I had an experience involving Josiah that made me decide it would be best. Don't get me wrong...I don't plan to chat on it, or volunteer my number, because I still really don't want people calling me when I'm out; however, I am feeling much better about being away from Josiah knowing that I can be reached if necessary.

- Watching Josiah grow up in a hurry! He turned ten months old on Sunday. He is such a boy...little bruises everywhere...as he explores his world. He is into absolutely everything and then some. He stands a lot without support, and takes lots of steps holding on...any day now, he'll take off!

-Waiting for my new niece or nephew to arrive. My younger sister has two weeks to go, and I can't wait to meet this baby!

- Shopping...for office stuff (I moved into a new building. My boss completely renovated it, and provided furniture, but I am filling in the gaps. I think it is starting to look really nice!)...for baby stuff (Clothes for Josiah. He is inching into size two, and I am getting ready. I get really great deals through a girl I met on Kijiji. She emails me now if she has things to sell before she posts them. She has one kid, and he wears really nice clothes! It's a great deal for us!).

Reading...we ordered some new books, and they arrived this week. I can't wait for Josiah to go to sleep at night so I can read- would it be wrong to put him down at 5:00? :). He got a new book that he LOVES too. I think I read it at least forty times today. I'm not kidding. It was really cute the first twenty times or so. I think he is trying to say 'again', because he taps the book and says something that sounds an awful lot like it! Chris is busy reading too.

Enjoying my boys...they surprised me yesterday with two of my favorite things, Gerber daisies and season two of The Office..just because!

Well, that's a bit of our news. It has been really busy, but I will post some pictures when our new computer is set up.

3 comments:

Debie said...

Wow...what a new-sy blog! Great to know all of these things that are going on, and have gone on. I'm really glad that you have been getting a bit of a break, too. :o)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Lots of fun things. I can't believe Josiah is standing up and taking steps already -- what a guy! Thanks for filling us in.

PS - We can share seasons 3 & 4 of The Office....

mel said...

Oops... that comment was from me.

Just a Peek