Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Busy

I have been so bad at blogging lately, not that I have to tell any of you who check regularly! It has been really busy...too busy. One of those times when things feel like they have gotten out of hand for me, and I'm not sure how to possibly finish everything I need to accomplish (especially with Josiah around all of the time!), although things are slowly starting to wind down. I have been taking extra shifts at work to bank vacation time for summer and fall, and that means not only extra clients, but also report writing. I think I wrote for eight hours between Sunday and Monday. On Saturday, I was in NS having a baby shower for my sister Andrea. It was fun, and it seemed to go well, but a lot of work and planning. I am also volunteering at Chris' work on a project that has taken way more of my time than I planned on, and I am still not close to being done (Well, it will all be over with by June 19th, as that is when the main event takes place).


Josiah turned eight months old last week, and for a couple of weeks now, has been eating solids (rather than purees), by the fist full. He loves mashed potatoes, not to be confused with sweet potatoes, which get thrown by clumps onto the floor with disdain.

It is kind of gross to watch, but he loves to feed himself.


Our life as we knew it has changed forever. Josiah is crawling...like crazy...and we are finally learning about all of the things he has wanted to get into for months. Now, he is going for it, and we basically chase him all day. Watching him crawl is really cute. He kind of plods along like a little bear cub. He also loves to break into the trash, and into his diaper pail. Our child proofing efforts have just begun.




We did have a chance to drive to Fundy last Sunday (I typed for most of the travel time, working on reports), get our early bird passes, have some play time in the park, and go for a hike. It was so great to escape for a day. Here are a few pictures of the day.



Josiah fell asleep on our hike, and it rained, but we enjoyed it. Those of you who know me have heard me talk about this many times, but it find people and weather rather funny. Especially watching people run for cover at the sign of sprinkles. (Yes, there are exceptions to this). I love the rain. I love being out in it, watching it, the smell of it, and I am glad that Josiah doesn't seem to mind it yet either.

I have no idea how he slept in the backpack. I guess it must be comfortable!





1 comment:

Aunt Debie said...

Yay! An update! Wow, crawling! That is a crazy time of adjustment. The pics are so cute, too. I hope you survive the next couple of weeks...

Just a Peek