I know he hasn't, but often it seems like we are left in these difficult places for too long. It becomes harder to even share struggles the longer we battle, because people already know the details. The longer we're in it, the more lonely it becomes. And I don't know about you, but I long to rescued from it. Or to have hope it will get better...or even to know that I am not really alone.
Yesterday, he showed me a piece of Himself in the offerings of others...a song and hug and words of encouragement from a friend who recognized my deep grief and wasn't afraid to look at me...and a friend who called and offered to take Josiah so I could sleep in the afternoon because she remembers well how draining it is to be a mother of young kids. Both were gifts beyond words.
Later in the day, the first friend sent me this:
THE
TWENTY-THIRD PSALMS
(from
PSALMS NOW by Leslie F Brandt)
The
Lord is my shepherd and constant companion,
There
is no need that He cannot fulfill.
Whether
His course for me points to the mountaintops
of
glorious ecstasy
or
the valleys of human suffering,
He
is by my side,
He
is ever present with me.
He
is close beside me when I tread the dark streets of danger,
and
even when I flirt with death itself,
He
will not leave me.
When
the pain is severe,
He
is near to comfort.
When
the burden is heavy,
He
is there to lean upon.
When
depression darkens my soul,
He
touches me with eternal joy.
When
I feel empty and alone,
He
fills the aching vacuum with His power.
My
security is in His promise
To
be near me always,
and
in the knowledge
that
He will never let me go.
2 comments:
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing this psalm with us ... and for sharing your struggle.
Oh Jenn. I wish you lived closer. I would love to be your shoulder, and listening ear. I hope that you are having a better day today! Kathy
Post a Comment