Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Long Update

Hi everyone. This will be a long update, as I have been too busy for blogging lately. I know that fellow bloggers can appreciate that overwhelming feeling of getting behind, and then wondering where to start writing again. So this post will be a bit of everything that has been happening in the past couple of weeks.

For Easter, we went to Andrea & Dan's place (my sister and her husband), along with my mom. It was a very fun weekend, except that Chris wasn't feeling very well for the last part of it. Andrea had an Easter egg hunt for us, and one of Josiah's treats was his very first Easter book, which he loves. He was pretty into the hunting part, almost as much as Dan was! Oh, and you can probably tell from the pictures, if you haven't heard me boasting about it already, that Andrea and Dan are expecting their first baby this summer- isn't she beautiful pregnant?!






Due to all of the excitement, Josiah literally passed out from exhaustion after church. He actually fell asleep in my arms as I was carrying him into the house.




While we were in Halifax, we purchased our first family tent (Chris and I have always used a very small tent, perfect for the two of us, but not big enough for Josiah and all of his stuff!) at an outdoor adventure store, which we love to visit when we go to Halifax. I don't have any pictures of the tent up yet, because it has been raining here a lot lately, and on the nice days, we have been getting some spring cleaning done.

A nice surprise came in the mail just before Easter for Josiah from his Grampy Stewart. Here he is sporting it. He also got a pretty cool Bible from Grampy, which he is enjoying a lot. Josiah loves hats too, so while I was taking this picture, he was trying to get the hat off to look at it/suck on it.



On the few nice days we've had, while we have been cleaning up and sorting, we have had Josiah outside with us, and he loves it. He had his first, and definitely not last, handful/mouthful of grass/dirt, as he got to the edge of the blanket before we could catch him. He has also been enjoying his swing outside, which he always severely disliked as a baby, so this is really the first time it has been used- good thing I only spent ten bucks on it, or I might have been a little upset!




Josiah's Grammy and great aunt Faye came up a few weeks ago, and kept Josiah for us while we went to a church retreat. He has lots of fun with them! Grammy brought more clothes, which will be perfect for summer- cute little swimming trunks and tank tops. Aunt Faye brought a bag of clothes from my cousin's wife- really adorable stuff. Check out the army outfit below! Aunt Faye also brought a baby lego-type building set, which he loves. This has been great for him, as it has motivated him to sit up, which he often does now with no difficulty or wobbling. In the moms' group I attend on Tuesday mornings, Josiah goes into the nursery with eight to ten other babies, and this past week was the first time I left him sitting up to play. Before that, I always laid him on the floor so he wouldn't fall over, but he doesn't really fall anymore (unless he is super tired!). What a monumental day!! Okay, not really, but as his mom, I thought it was a pretty big deal!






Josiah was fortunate enough to inherit a lot of cool toys and books, and some clothes too, from his cousins, Aidan and Mac (thanks guys!). He now loves trucks, thanks to some that were passed on to him. He drives them with his little hands. I just keep waiting for the 'vrooming' noises, but there are none yet. Here he is playing trucks.


* The past week, we have all been sick again- what a rough couple of months for us! Josiah started it off last week, and Chris and I both got hit. It is brutal- cold/sinus/fever/nausea, etc... I think it is finally coming to an end, although Chris is still suffering with it.

* I started a new aerobics class with a friend last week. So torturous...and fun! Chris and Josiah gave me this as early mother's day gift, as I have been wanting to join for a while now. So I go to two classes a week. It feels so great to be doing something for just me again.



* Chris is finally getting his own office at work, after sharing one for the two years he has been with his counselling agency. We are very excited, and have been out shopping, trying to find pieces that will make it warm and inviting. All we have left to pick up is a small bookshelf, and some chairs. I will try to post pics in a couple of weeks after he is settled.

And those are our highlights!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Yay, an update! I'm so glad your family has been enjoying some outside time, and it seems as though Josiah is loving it. Awesome. Can't wait to play outside together soon!

mel said...

What a great newsy post! Thanks for catching us up on all the happenings. Great pictures, too! (I LOVE the one of Josiah in the orange "I want to save the world" shirt!)

We need to get together soon... FREEDOM!

Just a Peek