Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Remembering Sophie



This is Sophie, as many of you know.


We are sad to say that she suddenly passed away on Remembrance Day.

She was one-of-a-kind. Anyone who says that animals don't have personalities, that they don't feel and love, never met Sophie!


Sophie came to live at our house last fall, during a very sad time, and she instantly brought joy for life with her. You just couldn't look at Sophie and not smile. She was beautiful, in a teddy bear kind of way. She loved to curl up on a lap or a foot, and would take pats in any form available to her! She constantly sought out the slippers of those she loved, whether they were on or not. Chris always found Sophie hair on his slippers!


Some of Sophie's favorite things: anyone who paid attention to her, food (especially carrots and celery), eating very very fast, TV, running like mad with no care of where she may end up or what she might smash into, running up and down the ramp in her condo (thanks Grampie!)sliding carpets across the floor, staring at those she loved- almost awkwardly, loving without restrictions...


I think this is what I will miss the most. She didn't care about the things people care about. She loved without question or limitations, and with very little expectations. She knew how to show love in a way that I got. She made me smile BIG every day.

She has left a huge space in our living room where her condo sat, and an even bigger space in our hearts where she will be loved and remembered always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sophie was so sweet. That picture is so adorable, and shows her unique personality. Your tribute to her is heart-warming, and shows that you miss her very much. I smiled as I remembered her through your descriptions. I know that God gave her to you at a very needed time. God gave us Conrad, too, because I needed him. It was hard to let him go... Thanks for posting...I will savour her memory.

Just a Peek